Monday, July 30, 2012

Recovering from Sin


It’s too easy to just simply walk around as an acceptor of grace. The fallen ones will attempt to slow your progress, and the Holy Spirit will attempt to kick start it. All action whether positive or negative is still your choice. I’m pretty sure that I spend most of my energy sinning without thinking about it, and the rest of my energy trying to remember what I should be trying to do. I excel at accomplishing unproductive activities as well as my absolute favorite; which is to finish only half of a task that will benefit someone else. Just in case you were wondering, I have been a Christian for about ten years, I have read the entire canonized bible numerous times, and consider Apologetics to be a little hobby of mine. So imagine how confused a new Christian is about this whole thing. Assuming you have taken Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you need to have patience with yourself first. Recovery takes time and faith. I began with Hebrews 10:39 as my mantra. It helped me a lot when I felt backed in a corner. I highly recommend using supportive verses for all the big tasks in your life. You mean God’s Word!? Of course I do!
Hebrews 10:39 We are not of those who believe unto perdition, but of those who believe unto the saving of the soul. (NKJV)
Now I began by praying and seeking the face of my Lord daily. It won’t take much time for you to run into things that block your path. Many people will ask for a quick removal of all the obstacles in their way. They will say, “ you can do it Jesus, because your all powerful and I believe in you.” So they cuss and mistreat others while they wait for God to make them a better person. I realized one day that I was shunning my own self-responsibility. Hasn’t Jesus done enough by taking the shackles off? Not only did he take the shackles off; he gave you the keys and the map to the jail. Get moving! Don’t expect everything to happen at once and don’t try to take on several large tasks at once. The whole process of your sanctification is going to be a lifelong personal inventory. Take the journey a piece at a time and don’t move to the next task until you are absolutely finished with the current one. You don’t have to worry about being on the wrong task if you prioritize by what blocks your view of God the most.

No comments: